Wednesday 16 February 2011

The School Army

I've always been able to cope on my own. I was extremely shy at secondary school and always felt like i never fit in, so i always kept myself to myself. Unfortunately things never went my way....

At primary school, i loved it, everyone knew each other, we all got on amazingly and it was a good place for me.

It all changed with the big move.

Off I went to Heaton Manor. It was the scariest thing I'd done, all alone and no friends.

I felt like i settled in okay, i wasn't popular but i wasn't the unliked one either. I simply kept to myself and stuck in and got the work done. I was known as the class swot!

A few months later and then came the lovely bullies...

They called me all the names under the sun. At the time, it was awful, i had no one to turn to and had a mountain of abuse to climb.

It never got physical, which is one thing i'm grateful for. I did have the odd fight, which was a massive achievement to beat the bully!

Further into school i went, it got easier. I went invisible for a while.

Then it started again, the bigger group of girls, again mouthing of insults. It got me down, really down. I did silly things. But i wouldn't change it for the world. It made me stronger.

Off to 6th form i went, my so called best friends suddenly hated me. I hadn't seen then for the summer and they plotted against me. Made my life a living misery throughout the year. I thought people were meant to grow up once they left school? Clearly not. I dropped out 2 weeks before exams as i couldn't cope with the way they were treating me.

I took the summer off, then decided to go back to college, so i went to Tyne Met in Newcastle. Good choice, bad people!

The new class would once again, call me all the names under the sun, throw things off me, threaten me.

I kept at my work, and tried my best to ignore all their comments, to which i did, and i came out of college and was the only one out of that class to get into University and stick to it.

Bullies are people who have such insecurity and unlove for themselves they need to make someone else feel their pain. It worked for many years, but not anymore.

All those people who said all those things about me, where are they now? Nowhere, they're the invisible ones now.

It all came down the jealousy, I got on with it, i got the good grades and I got where i want to be. I've achieved my dreams and still am.

I'm a fighter!

1 comment:

  1. I never realised chick :o( Im sorry. If i'd have known I'd have helped you :o(

    Im glad its made you the person you are today though! x

    ReplyDelete