Wednesday 16 February 2011

Early days in the fashion journey

I've studied fashion for 7 years now, and over the years I've made a collection and different things along the way.

My biggest achievement was making my lace union jack dress, I was compared to Yves Saint Laurent in my interview for Northumbria University!


I wore this to 3 different fashion shows and each time I felt amazing and received so many compliments! It was the first proper garment I'd made too.

The following year I produced a mini collection of 4 outfits, they were based on luxury and glamour. So I used a lot of satin and spent 2 months sewing individual beads onto the mid-section of one of my dresses!


Myself and a dear friend on my college fashion show 

I'm currently in the process of producing my final collection for my degree. It's so exciting seeing my months of designing coming to life in some beautiful fabrics! 


I'll be updating soon with snippets of my collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment