Thursday 17 February 2011

My life as an early fashionista....

Fashion during the 90's, well lets face it, was hardly something to remember! Some 80's trends were still about with avengance seeking their way to make us poor people look horrific! 

Baggy sweats, huge shirts, floral lycra shorts, tracksuits and bumbags!. And i'll never forget the scrunchie! Ah the wonderful scrunchie!

I specifially remember from the 90's my love of lycra, and lot's of it! The lovely Mr Motivator, a GMTV morning regular, jumping about in his lycra one-piece. Seems to be charred into my memory!



Whoever thought it was a fashionable idea to wear metallic/luminous/floral lyrca shorts, needs to be checked over! Definitely a moment in fashion that should be forgotten!

I remember loving my tracksuits, more specifically, my Spice Girls pink and white tracksuit! I wore it along with my Spice Girls t-shirt! 



More importantly in the tracksuit trend were the Adidas popper pants. Cheeky boys would try to rip the poppers open up your legs! 

Bum-bags, again made famous by Mr Motivator were a huge trend on the 90's. They came in every colour you can imagine and every horrificly printed fabric you can imagine! All the cool kids had one...or many to wear at one time! 



Now they just adorn the hips on an overweight American! 

When it came to hair, there was no holding back! The bigger the better and the more things you could stuff in your 'do, the better!

I clearly remember wearing not 1, not 2, no3 but 7 scrunchies in one go! I'd start off with my hair in a bun, red bobble went on first, then a couple more, then a tartan one, a denim one and i'd finish the look off with my sunny yellow huge scrunchie! How i was ever allowed out the house, i'll never know! 


Another hair trend was to twist sections and secure them with a little glittery butterfly clip. I personally went wild for these! What girl doesn't want glittery butterflies in her hair?! 



One lesson learnt from the 1990's fashion scene is; never to repeat anything that was ever fashionable! 
Whatever happened in the 90's, can most definitely stay in the 90's!




No comments:

Post a Comment